AT UUS, YOU WILL FIND
A welcoming home for diverse beliefs
We honor your individual search for truth and meaning, and provide community to support you on your journey.
Join us in person or here on YouTube Live
Every Sunday at 10:00 am
Coming Up At UUS
Our active community has programming throughout the week. From our all ages RE programs, to spiritual groups, to volunteer and social justice opportunities, UUS provides community for members to connect in many ways.
Recent Blog Posts
- Arranging Music for UUSICOne of the joys of my work at UUSIC has been arranging music specifically for our congregation and our wonderful musicians. I treasure enhancing our worship experience with music made by us and for us, incorporating diverse voices.
- Upcoming Religious Education and Faith Development OpportunitiesJoin us for our next RE experiment! Every Sunday in April (plus the first Sunday in May), we will have a lunch open to everyone after service. Then, after lunch, people are encouraged to stay and participate in a guided workshop, class, or activity.
- March 2024 Green Sanctuary NewsThe compost bin has landed! At the February All Ages, adults learned about environmental justice and kids planned a fair city. The March Green Sanctuary theme for All Ages is “Action on behalf of life transforms”. Adults can learn and share about transforming a yard into a haven for wildlife and kids can learn how to recognize signs that wildlife, especially insects, are enjoying their yards.
- New Members Ceremony on March 3rd!We are welcoming new members to UUS on March 3rd. Please come and welcome and get to know them! We also have a great opportunity to be a Congregational Connector for those who are interested in and are new to UUS.
- From Your MinisterIn March we will be exploring the value of Transformation. The proposed revisions to Article II describe the value of Transformation as: We adapt to the changing world. We covenant to collectively transform and grow spiritually and ethically. Openness to change is fundamental to our Unitarian and Universalist heritages, never complete and never perfect.
We prioritize social justice and action.
We are a congregation based in love and service, that elevates unheard voices and does the work to improve ourselves and our community to create a more equitable world.You are welcome here.
A message from our minister
Wherever you are on your personal journey toward truth and meaning, you will find acceptance and support among our community of fellow seekers and learners. We are a Welcoming Congregation, and no matter who you choose to love or how you express your identity, your presence is valued here. We side with love for marginalized people of all types and are especially focused on dismantling white supremacy culture at all levels, beginning within ourselves.
WE LIVE OUR VALUES
With no formal doctrine, we unite through our shared values with service as our prayer.
Honor the Earth
Our 8 acre campus features nature trails, a meditation labyrinth, natural playscape, memorial and community gardens and sustainability measures such as solar panels, bio retention cells and native plantings.
Social Justice & Sustainability
At our core, we believe in fighting for social justice and sustainability. We are action oriented. We stand up to injustice. We are antiracist. We are a welcoming congregation. We do the work to learn and make lasting change.
Search for Truth & Meaning
Spiritual journeys are individual, but you do not have to go it alone. We believe in the power and healing of community, and welcome you to our congregation no matter what beliefs you hold.
Get UUS Email Updates
We Have a Group for Everyone
From groups to nurture mind and spirit, hobby groups for shared interests, family events or volunteer opportunities, UUS offers a wide variety to connect to community.
Families and Youth
Our open faith community is an ideal congregation for families yearning for a church community, without the doctrine found in more traditional church settings. We acknowledge the personal nature in the search for truth and meaning, but provide a community so you don’t have to go on your search alone. We extend that same inclusivity and connection to children and teens. Our facilities are designed to be family-friendly, with worship spaces meant to include children and a religious education program that fosters questions and discussions around faith, love, and what it means to be a part of our collective world.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are so happy that you have found our spiritually and socially inclusive community. Below are some common questions we hear.
If you are new here, we welcome you!
Can’t find the answer?
Service on Sundays at 10; Office Open Mon-Thurs 9-4 By Appointment