Day Camps at UUS!
Finding fun day camps for your kids that incorporate fun and inclusive activities and learning opportunities has never been easier! The Unitarian Universalist Society in Coralville, Iowa offers day camps throughout the spring and summer for kids of all ages. Families love sending their children to a day camp that fosters a creative spirit, encourages exploration, and is a great time! While honoring the earth, building deeper connections, and social justice are all part of Unitarian Universalist shared mission and principles, our camps are not religious and we are open to everyone.
Honoring the Earth
WE ARE OPEN TO EVERYONE!
2024 Day Camps for Spring and Summer!
We are expanding our day camp opportunities in 2024! This year, we will offer a brand new Spring Break Nature Camp in March, three weeks of Nature Camp in June, 2 seperate, 2-week-long Theater Camps in July, a special Peace Camp in August, and four individually-themed day camps right before the start of the 2024-2025 school year!
HOW TO REGISTER: Select the camp(s) on the sign up sheet including morning and/or afternoon care as needed for each camp you would like your camper to attend. If you are registering multiple children, be sure to select that number of slots for each day and time. Be sure to include an accurate email address that is checked regularly. A limited number of partial and full scholarships will be available. If you have any questions, please contact our camp director, Nic Kaplan at email@example.com.
NEW! Spring Break Nature Camp
MARCH 2024, 11th through 15th
Our Spring Break nature-based camp is designed for children in Kindergarten through 6th grade and we will spend a significant amount of our time outside regardless of the weather. We will consider ourselves blessed with snow and ice, excited to explore in mud, and delighted by sunshine.
Summer Nature Day Camps
- JUNE 2024, 10TH THROUGH 14TH
- JUNE 2024, 17TH THROUGH 21ST
- JUNE 2024, 24TH THROUGH 28TH
Our nature camps will be filled with child-led exploration of our woods, Mud Creek, and of course the climbing trees and boulder scramble. Last year at camp, we saw deer, turkeys, and loads of other birds. If there is dangerous weather (high heat, lightning, etc), we will take breaks indoors for nature-based crafting, science experiments, and more as needed.
Musical Theater Camps
- JUNGLE BOOK: JULY 8TH THROUGH 19TH
- THE MUSIC MAN: JULY 22ND THROUGH AUGUST 2ND
Our two, two-week Musical Theatre Camps will give children entering kindergarten through 12th grade a chance to work together to create a show. All camp participants will have a role in the play if they want, or on the tech crew if they would prefer. Campers will learn about and audition, play theater games, help make a set, and even design costumes and props! Each camp will have a performance on the second Friday of their camp at 6:30 pm. There is a role for everyone in this show. These camps will be led by UUS Music Director Emily Pritchard.
NEW! Peace Camp
AUGUST 2024, 12TH THROUGH 16TH
Peace Camp will guide children in activities that help create peace with a slightly different focus each day. Our camp director is working with others in the community to offer this program. While not finalized yet, the week could look like this:
- Monday – Inner Peace – different mindfulness practices like drawing, yoga, nature walks, etc
- Tuesday – Interpersonal Peace – cooperation and conflict resolution activities like team games
- Wednesday – Community Peace – making/packaging food for the Free Lunch program, blankets for shelters, toys for the animal shelter, etc
- Thursday – Worldwide Peace – learning about a variety of cultures including foods, celebrations, and customs from those cultures
- Friday – Peace on Earth – activities about caring for the planet like recycling and learning about native plants
NEW! Themed Day Camps
AUGUST 2024, 19TH THROUGH 22ND
Themed Day Camps are our answer to ICCSD starting school on Friday, August 23rd this year. Each themed day is separate and will include at least one craft, activity, and game in line with the theme. These camp days will run from 9 am until 3 pm only. The camp themes are as follows:
- August 19 – Pokemon – Pokemon egg hunt, trading, obstacle course “gym battles”
- August 20 – Star Wars – lightsaber creation and training, jedi meditation, droid/starship creation
- August 21 – Percy Jackson – capture the flag, shield decorating, obstacle courses
- August 22 – Dungeons and Dragons – dragon egg hunt, potion making, scavenger hunt
The activities for each day are just examples of the type of things we may do together and may change as we get closer to the dates. All programming will be structured for maximum fun and engagement for everyone regardless of personal interest or knowledge of the daily theme. No one will feel left out or unable to participate!