December 19 @ 11:15 am - 12:30 pm
We will hold our semi-annual Congregational Meeting on Sunday, December 19th, at 11:15 am following the service. The meeting will be multiplatform, with in person participants in the UUS Sanctuary and virtual participants in the same Zoom meeting as the normal Sunday services (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 945 6258 4740, Passcode: 927789, or dial by your location for phone conferencing — Please note the new Zoom meeting link for services starting in December!).
- to formally elect one appointment to the Board of Trustees to complete the remainder of a term vacated early,
- to approve a small amendment to the Bylaws,
- to approve a maximum expenditure of $125,000 from General Endowment earnings over a two-year period as part of funding for the operation budgets of 2022 and 2023 in the Balance and Growth Initiative (BGI) group’s two-year plan to balance the UUS budget while enhancing our mission and vision for the long term,
- to approve the operating budget for 2022, and
- to approve the BGI plan itself.
The meeting agenda can be found on our website. It can also be found in the December newsletter, along with the bio for the board official up for election and the list of current voting members. Voting members will receive a congregational meeting packet with these and other meeting materials, as well as voting instructions ahead of the meeting. These will be sent via email or snail mail (if requested) the week of December 5th. If you believe you should be on the voting list but do not appear on the list in the newsletter, or if you do not receive a packet, please contact Peggy Garrigues at email@example.com. UUS members will be able to vote online or by mailing in a paper absentee ballot, and voting will close at 4 pm on December 19th.
- Sunday, December 12th, following the service. Those in person can meet in the UUS Conference Room, and those attending virtually can join a special breakout room in the service Zoom meeting (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 945 6258 4740, Passcode: 927789).
- Thursday, December 16th, at 7 pm by Zoom (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 899 1900 0625, Passcode: 251022).