UUS is currently closed as a preemptive measure against COVID-19. The UUS Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees will be reevaluating and extending the closure as necessary on a weekly basis.
In the interim, Sunday services will be streamed via Zoom at 10 a.m. (See below for more information)
Virtual Sunday Services
Virtual services are being conducted via Zoom each Sunday at 10 a.m. Meetings open at 9:45.
- Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 422 482 660
- Or call in for phone conferencing: find your local number
- If you need a password, contact the office at email@example.com
The building will be locked to the public during this time and staff will not be available for in-person support. You can reach the office during the closure by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the office (319-337-3443) and leaving a message. All staff may be slower to respond to messages and requests during the closure; your patience is appreciated.
Individual groups and events may choose to meet at their discretion. Group leaders can contact staff for help setting up virtual meetings using Zoom (staff may be slower to respond to requests due to the closure). Any groups canceling or rescheduling events should let the office know (email@example.com) so that the calendar and communications can be updated.
- Make a one-time or recurring online pledge payment
- Make an offering donation to our current Community Partner
- Make a payment or donation for a different UUS fund
UUS Communications Regarding Coronavirus
- Watch a video message from Rev. Diane Dowgiert about upcoming COVID Caring Calls to all UUS members and friends
- Read the messages from Interim Minister Rev. Diane Dowgiert and the Board of Trustees (emailed to subscribers on 3/12/20)
- Read the Instructional Message from UUS Staff (sent 3/13/20)
- Check our Facebook page for news and messages from UUS staff and leadership
- Subscribe to our Congregational Email listserv for weekly email updates and special messages from UUS