Due to COVID-19, the UUS building is closed and we are currently holding all services and meetings online. This is Phase One of our Reopening Plan. Find the full guidelines for Phases One and Two here.
UUS Reopening Plan
- Phase One: The building is closed and all services and meetings are held virtually. We can move out of Phase One when the Johnson County COVID positivity rate is 10% or lower for 8 out of 14 consecutive days.
- Phase Two: Small group outdoor meetings of seven persons or less are allowed on UUS grounds. We can move out of Phase Two when the county positivity rate is 8% or less for 8 out of 14 consecutive days.
- Phase Three: Small group gatherings of 12 persons or less are allowed outdoors and indoors. We can move out of Phase Three when the county positivity rate reaches 5% or lower during the past 28 consecutive day period.
- Phase Four: Services, funerals, and gatherings of up to 50 persons will be allowed outdoors and indoors. We can move out of Phase Four when there are no new COVID cases for at least 30 days.
- Phase Five: A complete re-opening of UUS.
Our primary concern is keeping everyone who attends UUS safe. The Board of Trustees has voted to have the minister and staff operationalize the rules for how each phase is put into practice, and provided them with recommendations on these practices. These will be communicated to the congregation through all regular channels and posted to this page. The unpredictability of the COVID pandemic means the Board may have to reverse which phase we are in as the positivity rates go up and down.
Online services & meetings
Virtual services are being conducted via Zoom each Sunday at 10 a.m. Meetings open at 9:45.
- Zoom Meeting
- Meeting ID: 422 482 660
- Or call in for phone conferencing: find your local number
- If you need a password, contact the office at email@example.com
Many groups and activities are also meeting virtually. Contact our Director of Congregational Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the group leader for more information about online meetings of particular groups.
Learn more about using Zoom and find tips for joining us on Sundays.
The building will be locked to the public during Phases One through Four and staff will not be available for in-person support. You can reach the office during the closure by emailing email@example.com or by calling the office (319-337-3443) and leaving a message. All staff may be slower to respond to messages and requests during the closure; your patience is appreciated.
Group leaders can contact staff for help setting up virtual meetings using one of the UUS Zoom accounts, or may schedule their own meetings directly, following the guidelines of the current Phase. Any groups canceling or rescheduling events should let the office know (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that the calendar and communications can be updated.
- Make a one-time or recurring online pledge payment
- Make an offering donation to our current Community Partner
- Make a payment or donation for a different UUS fund
UUS Communications Regarding Coronavirus
- UUS COVID Response & Phase1 Guidelines (UUS News Email, 8/27/2020)
- Instructional Message from UUS Staff (UUS News Email, 3/13/20)
- Messages from Interim Minister Rev. Diane Dowgiert and the Board of Trustees (Weekly Update Email, 3/12/20)
- Subscribe to our Congregational Email listserv for weekly email updates and special messages from UUS