September 25th, 2022
Creating an ever evolving and deepening community based in Love requires each of us sharing our skills, passions, and resources to strengthen this community. Join us to kick off our 2023 stewardship campaign and commission our Pastoral Care Team.
Join in person:
- Please arrive between 9:40 – 9:58 am so you can be seated before the service starts. Please stay home and care for yourself if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID. Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- We are using a traffic light gathering system to let people communicate the distance they need to safely join us: Red – need distance; Yellow – use caution, need some space, ask; Green – don’t need distance. The Sanctuary will be divided into three sections matching the traffic light system. The RE Commons and Fellowship Hall will also be red seating areas but with more room for people who want to move around during services. There will be stickers for you to add to your name tag to display your preferred designation when not seated.
- We will have fellowship time after the service, but at this time aren’t ready to provide refreshments.
- Click to be taken to the stream on our YouTube channel.
- Online participants are invited to join in the live chat during the service. You need to be signed in to a YouTube account, and on the actual YouTube site to chat (watching the service through an embedded video link shared in our weekly service emails or on our website will not not have a chat option- click “Watch on YouTube” in the bottom left corner of the video to be taken to the actual site and get access to the chat). Find an instructional guide on how to sign in and chat over YouTube here (PDF, created by Anne Schons)
- A virtual social hour follows the service over Zoom (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 853 6642 6271, Passcode: 724555).
For more details on attending services in person or virtually, visit www.uusic.org/about-us/covid-19-info-updates/
The September offerings benefit Shelter House: More than a roof or a bed. Since 1983, Shelter House (shelterhouseiowa.org) has provided safe shelter and helped people improve the quality of their lives as they move beyond homelessness. Shelter House operates a 70-bed emergency shelter in addition to four homes and an apartment building through which they provide over 60 permanent supportive housing units. Shelter House focuses on programs and support services including housing, employment, and mental health recovery that help hundreds of adults, children, and families each year to get back on their feet. They aim to be a voice for systemic community change through excellence in service, financial stewardship, and the development of strong community partnerships.
Donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSPartner, text “GivetoUUSIC Partner” to 73256, or mail a check with “SH” on the memo line to our office (2355 Oakdale Road, Coralville, IA 52241).
You can also donate to our Operating Budget. Donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSOperating, text “GivetoUUSIC Operating” to 73256, or mail a check to the office with “operating” on the memo line (also write “pledge” if you’d like to apply to an existing stewardship pledge).