May 15th, 2022
On this day, we will explore the early dimensions and history of Unitarianism and Universalism and the quest to shape its values in the framework of a more inclusive and diverse community that addresses racism and social injustice. Such is the charge in achieving our humanity. As the scientist, Bill Nye said, “We are of the same stardust; we have to work together.”
Join in person:
- Please arrive between 9:40 – 9:58 am so you can be seated before the service starts. Please stay home and care for yourself if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID. Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- We are using a traffic light gathering system to let people communicate the distance they need to safely join us: Red – need distance; Yellow – use caution, need some space, ask; Green – don’t need distance. The Sanctuary will be divided into three sections matching the traffic light system. The RE Commons and Fellowship Hall will also be red seating areas but with more room for people who want to move around during services. There will be stickers for you to add to your name tag to display your preferred designation when not seated.
- We will have fellowship time after the service, but at this time aren’t ready to provide refreshments.
- Watch the YouTube Livestream below, or click to be taken to the stream on our YouTube channel.
- Online participants are invited to join in the live chat during the service. You need to be signed in to a YouTube account, and on the actual YouTube site to chat (watching the service through an embedded video link shared in our weekly service emails or on the homepage will not not have a chat option- click “Watch on YouTube” in the bottom left corner of the video to be taken to the actual site and get access to the chat. Find an instructional guide on how to sign in and chat over YouTube here (PDF, created by Anne Schons)
- A virtual social hour follows the service over Zoom (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 875 0144 7050
- Passcode: 072870)
For more details on attending services in person or virtually, visit www.uusic.org/about-us/covid-19-info-updates/