November 27th, 2022
Remembering trans lives prompts new visions of how to build a just world in the present. Stories of the real lives of trans people frame our celebration of those who recreate gender, opening space for living in power and justice. This service is in honor of Trans Day of Remembrance and will be led by Nic Kaplan and Jenna Supp-Montgomerie.
November Offerings Benefit the Free Lunch Program: An open door, a full plate, no questions asked. Teams of dedicated volunteers ensure that the Free Lunch Program meets its mission to provide a free, filling and healthy lunch to anyone who comes to 1105 Gilbert Ct., six days a week. Volunteers from UUS have provided the meal on the second Friday of each month since 1986, and have never missed a shift!
All cash donations collected during or for the Sunday Services offerings benefit our monthly community partner, unless otherwise earmarked on a donation envelope. Checks for the offering baskets should have “Free Lunch Program” on the memo line. You can also donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSPartner, text “GivetoUUSIC Partner” to 73256, or mail a check to the UUS office.
Join in person:
- Please arrive between 9:40 – 9:58 am so you can be seated before the service starts. Please stay home and care for yourself if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID. Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- We are using a traffic light gathering system to let people communicate the distance they need to safely join us: Red – need distance; Yellow – use caution, need some space, ask; Green – don’t need distance. The Sanctuary will be divided into three sections matching the traffic light system. The RE Commons and Fellowship Hall will also be red seating areas but with more room for people who want to move around during services. There will be stickers for you to add to your name tag to display your preferred designation when not seated.
- We will have fellowship time after the service, but at this time aren’t ready to provide refreshments.
- Click to be taken to the stream on our YouTube channel.
- Online participants are invited to join in the live chat during the service. You need to be signed in to a YouTube account, and on the actual YouTube site to chat (watching the service through an embedded video link shared in our weekly service emails or on our website will not not have a chat option- click “Watch on YouTube” in the bottom left corner of the video to be taken to the actual site and get access to the chat). Find an instructional guide on how to sign in and chat over YouTube here (PDF, created by Anne Schons)
- A virtual social hour follows the service over Zoom (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 853 6642 6271, Passcode: 724555).
For more details on attending services in person or virtually, visit www.uusic.org/about-us/covid-19-info-updates/