October 17th, 2021
Join us in person or virtually this Sunday as we celebrate the success of our 2022 Stewardship campaign and the many ways we support UUS and each other.
Join via Zoom: Link to join, meeting ID: 422 482 660, password: 006311, Or dial by your location for phone conferencing. The Zoom meeting will open around 9:50 am. A breakout session for visitors is available afterward, along with small group social time.
Join in person:
- Please arrive between 9:40 – 9:58 am so you can be seated before the service starts. Please stay home and care for yourself if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID.
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- We are using a traffic light gathering system to let people communicate the distance they need to safely join us:
- Red – need distance
- Yellow – use caution, need some space, ask
- Green – don’t need distance
- The Sanctuary will be divided into three sections matching the traffic light system. The RE Commons and Fellowship Hall will also be red seating areas but with more room for people who want to move around during services. There will be stickers for you to add to your name tag to display your preferred designation when not seated.
- Services will be for all ages. We plan to have materials for children and youth available for use during services.
- We’re using our HVAC system to help us begin our services with fresh air and ensure good air circulation during services.
- There are hand sanitizer stations throughout the building at UUS.
- We will have fellowship time after the service, but at this time aren’t ready to provide refreshments.
The Sunday offerings in October benefit the Emma Goldman Clinic, which provides nonjudgmental, quality reproductive health care that includes abortion services, gynecology services, safer sex promotion, and active education for women and men in all life stages, and strives to increase economic, geographic, structural, and language accessibility for the clients they serve. Donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSPartner, text “GivetoUUSIC Partner” to 73256, or mail a check with “Emma Goldman” on the memo line to our office (2355 Oakdale Road, Coralville, IA 52241).
You can also donate to our Operating Budget. Donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSOperating, text “GivetoUUSIC Operating” to 73256, or mail a check to the office with “operating” on the memo line (also write “pledge” if you’d like to apply to an existing stewardship pledge).