June 26th, 2022
General Assembly comes around every year – but have you ever wondered what actually happens there? Ever thought about attending but didn’t know if it would be a good fit? Join us in person or online at 10 am for an informal panel discussion with fellow UUS members who have attended General Assembly in the past. Questions will be welcomed both in the sanctuary and in the YouTube chat.
The General Assembly worship service in Portland will be livestreamed at 11:30 am at https://www.uua.org/ga/off-site/2022/sunday-worship. You can watch from home or join us to watch together in Fellowship Hall.
After the panel discussion, all are invited to a Bring-Your-Own Picnic Brunch on the patio, to begin around 10:45 am. Each individual/family/household should bring their own food, dishes, silverware, and serving utensils. The Hospitality Team will provide beverages in compostable cups, paper napkins, containers for compost, recycling, and garbage, and warm soapy water for washing your own dishes by hand if you wish. We will not be moving indoors, so you can decide if the weather is pleasant enough to eat outdoors.
Join in person:
- Please arrive between 9:40 – 9:58 am so you can be seated before the service starts. Please stay home and care for yourself if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID. Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- We are using a traffic light gathering system to let people communicate the distance they need to safely join us: Red – need distance; Yellow – use caution, need some space, ask; Green – don’t need distance. The Sanctuary will be divided into three sections matching the traffic light system. The RE Commons and Fellowship Hall will also be red seating areas but with more room for people who want to move around during services. There will be stickers for you to add to your name tag to display your preferred designation when not seated.
- We will have fellowship time after the service, but at this time aren’t ready to provide refreshments.
- Click to be taken to the stream on our YouTube channel.
- Online participants are invited to join in the live chat during the service. You need to be signed in to a YouTube account, and on the actual YouTube site to chat (watching the service through an embedded video link shared in our weekly service emails or on our website will not not have a chat option- click “Watch on YouTube” in the bottom left corner of the video to be taken to the actual site and get access to the chat). Find an instructional guide on how to sign in and chat over YouTube here (PDF, created by Anne Schons)
- A virtual social hour follows the service over Zoom (Link to Join, Meeting ID: 853 6642 6271, Passcode: 724555).
For more details on attending services in person or virtually, visit www.uusic.org/about-us/covid-19-info-updates/
The Sunday offerings in June benefit Table to Table. The mission of Table to Table is to keep wholesome, edible food from going to waste by collecting it from donors and distributing to those in need through agencies that serve the hungry, homeless and at-risk populations. Since they began in 1996, Table to Table volunteers have rescued and distributed over 25 million pounds of food to area agencies.
Donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSPartner, text “GivetoUUSIC Partner” to 73256, or mail a check with “Table to Table” on the memo line to our office (2355 Oakdale Road, Coralville, IA 52241).
You can also donate to our Operating Budget. Donate online at http://bit.ly/UUSOperating, text “GivetoUUSIC Operating” to 73256, or mail a check to the office with “operating” on the memo line (also write “pledge” if you’d like to apply to an existing stewardship pledge).