Covid-19 Info & Updates
UUS is currently in Phase One of our Covid-19 reopening plan.
The building is closed, and Sunday services are being streamed via Zoom at 10 a.m. Read more »
Covid-19 Info & Updates
The UUS building is closed due to COVID-19, and we are currently holding all services and most meetings online. The public is welcome to use our labyrinth and trails, with masks and social distancing required.
Current status & reopening plan
We are currently in Phase 1 of our of our phased reopening plan.
Virtual Sunday services are a wonderful way to connect and engage from the comfort of home. Led by our new minister, Rev. Diana Smith, services frequently include creative socially-distanced components, such as a drive-through wather communion. Music is provided remotely from Maine by professional musician Dave Rowe, a multi-instrumentalist who makes creative use of online technology.
Story time for children and youth is held near the beginning of the service. Small group breakout discussions are available after services, and visitors have the option to join a discussion tailored for newcomers.
“I am new to UUS. I attended services two or three times, and then Covid hit. Every Sunday when I Zoom in I find a great deal of internal peace watching and breathing with the virtual services. It feels so good for Rev. Diana to reach out with her empathy of being isolated for so long. I have found the services to be like a safe harbor in a storm, giving me hope for peace, equality, and love. I also love the music!”– Jan Jacobson
Virtual services are being conducted via Zoom each Sunday at 10 a.m. Meetings open at 9:45.
- Zoom Meeting by computer
- Meeting ID: 422 482 660
- Or call in by phone
- If you need a password, contact the office at email@example.com
Learn more about using Zoom and find tips for joining us on Sundays.
Many groups and activities are also meeting virtually. Contact our Director of Congregational Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the group leader for more information about online meetings of particular groups.
- Make a one-time or recurring online pledge payment
- Make an offering donation to our current Community Partner
- Make a payment or donation for a different UUS fund
- UUS Back to Phase 1 (UUS News Email, 11/02/2020)
- UUS Entering Phase 2 (UUS News Email, 10/02/2020)
- UUS COVID Response & Phase1 Guidelines (UUS News Email, 8/27/2020)
- Instructional Message from UUS Staff (UUS News Email, 3/13/20)
- Messages from Interim Minister Rev. Diane Dowgiert and the Board of Trustees (Weekly Update Email, 3/12/20)
- Subscribe to our Congregational Email listserv for weekly email updates and special messages from UUS