Covid-19 Info & Updates
Services are multiplatform (with both in-person and virtual participation available). Masks are required inside when in shared spaces. Masks are not required for small/medium groups who have come to a covenantal agreement. Click to learn more about our Gathering Plan and the overall UUS COVID response. Read more »
Become a Member
UUS is a community where you are loved and respected for who you are. Membership affords you the opportunity to stretch your horizons, grow spiritually, serve others, and connect with people of like and unlike minds.
You are welcome to attend programs, classes, and services without becoming a member. But the congregation depends on having people who consider this enough their own community that they support it with their time, talents, and financial resources.
Members agree to:
- Support the seven principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)
- Support the mission and vision of the society
- Participate in the life of the congregation as able, including Sunday services
- Vote on issues important to the life and work of the church
- Act on our values through service
- Support the congregation with their time, talents and financial resources
Process for becoming a member
To become a member you must:
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Attend orientation sessions on a variety of topics. These are offered on a rotating basis every two months after Sunday services
- Attend a “Preparing to Become a Member” class. This is one three hour class session, offered about every three months. You need to first attend several orientation sessions, and register for the class in advance.
- Make a financial commitment to UUS at whatever level you are able
- Attend the New Member Covenant Ceremony at a Sunday service
- Sign the Membership Book and Covenant of Right Relations
Contact the Director of Congregational Life for more information.