If you’d like to visit us on Sunday afternoon, you’ll be most welcome! Some helpful information:
- We have one Sunday afternoon service at 1:30 PM. A social hour follows each service at 2:45 PM.
- We are in the process of building a new facility. Until it is completed, we are holding our services at the Sanctuary Community Church, which is located at 2205 E. Grantview Dr. Ste 200, Coralville, IA 52241. Please note that the Sanctuary Community Church building does not look like a church. It is in a building with a suite of offices, so the lower level by the main parking lot has other businesses. The church entrance is around the back as seen by Oakdale Blvd.
Please park in the main parking lot off of Oakdale Boulevard and walk around the building up the hill to the Sanctuary entrance. For those with mobility issues, please drive around the building to park at the lot on the second level by the main entrance. There is also parking on the street on Grantview Drive.
During Sunday services we offer free childcare for children 0-3 years old. During the school year we also offer religious education classes for Pre-K – Senior High participants.
The nursery is available for children 0-3 years old 10 minutes prior to the start of service, and all school-aged children and youth begin in the sanctuary with their families. The first portion of each service is multigenerational, and children and youth have an opportunity to participate by lighting the chalice, enjoying a story for all ages, and taking part in song and other special worship. Children, youth and teachers are then sung out to their classes. However, children and youth may stay with their families for Sunday service.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I wear to a Sunday service?
What you wear is up to you. Some members of our congregation dress casually, and others like to come in their Sunday best. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable.
2. Will I find kindred souls at UUSIC?
We truly celebrate diversity at UUSIC — check out our many Groups and Activities to see the ways in which diversity is a source of energy and growth in our congregation. Our core beliefs are our UU principles, which you will find at Who We Are. For information about Unitarian Universalism in general, visit the website of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
3. What is involved in becoming a member of UUSIC?
Please visit our membership page to learn more about becoming a member of our congregation.
If you have more questions after attending a Sunday service, feel free to talk with our minister, or ask the ushers as you enter or leave the sanctuary. You are also invited to join us for refreshments and fellowship after the service in Fellowship Hall. While you are visiting, feel free to talk with the folks at our membership table.
We also invite you to email us at email@example.com with your questions.
During the week, the UUSIC administrative office is open from 2 PM to 6 PM Monday, and from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM, Tuesday through Friday. The administrative offices are located on the property where our new building is under construction, in a residential house close to the road.
Unitarian Universalist Society of Iowa City
2355 Oakdale Road
Coralville, IA 52241
Please visit our staff page to reach a specific staff member.