Community Partner Support
Weekly service offering
At Sunday services, a cash offering is collected and all funds are donated to a partner organization in the community. Each month a new organization is designated to receive all offering donations for that month. In months with five Sundays, a special project is chosen to receive funding on the fifth Sunday.
2016 Monthly partner donations
- January: Domestic Violence Intervention Program, $1,400
- February: Hospice, $1,000
- March: Crisis Center, $1,300
- April: Elder Services, $1,500
- May: Table to Table, $1,050
- June: Comm. Mental Health, $1,000
- July: Free Medical Clinic, $1,150
- August: Free Lunch, $900
- September: Emma Goldman, $950
- October: Shelter House, $1,500
- November: Free Dental Clinic, $1,400
- December: United Action for Youth, $1,350
2016 Fifth Sunday project donations
- Minister’s Discretionary Fund, $635
- Partner Church in Romania, $3,000
- Black Lives Matter, $550
- ND Standing Rock Pipeline Camp, $600
Recent community partners
- The Free Lunch Program is our December Community Partner - The Free Lunch Program operates six days a week, with volunteer teams preparing and serving nutritious meals to anyone who is hungry. The guiding principle of unconditional respect and hospitality has been as integral to the program as the hot, nourishing meals.
- The Free Dental Clinic is our November Community Partner - The Dick Parrott Free Dental Clinic’s dentists, hygienists, and students volunteer to provide dental services to adults and children in our community without insurance. The Free Dental Clinic is a program coordinated by the Free Medical Clinic of Iowa City.
- Shelter House is our October Community Partner - Shelter House provides safe shelter and helps people improve the quality of their lives as they move beyond homelessness. In addition to providing emergency housing, the organization helps locate permanent housing and provides employment and mental health services.
- The Emma Goldman Clinic is our September Community Partner - The Emma Goldman Clinic empowers women and men in all life stages through the provision of quality reproductive health care that includes abortion services, gynecology services, safer sex promotion, and active education. Click to learn more or donate
- The Free Medical Clinic is our August Community Partner - The Free Medical Clinic provides quality, comprehensive medical care for the uninsured and underinsured. All service offerings in August will be donated to support their efforts. Click to learn more
- United Action For Youth is our July Community Partner - UAY is a Johnson County community organization whose mission is to nurture the potential of all youth to create, grow, and lead. The downtown youth center includes recording and art studios, performance space, and offices for street outreach.
- Johnson County Neighborhood Centers is our June Community Partner - JCNC offers long-term commitment to families in the several neighborhoods they serve. They offer a consistent and stable presence and provide a balanced mixture of programs (e.g., preschool and after-school) and activities that build community and teach new skills.
- Table to Table is our May Community Parther - Table to Table keeps wholesome, edible food from going to waste by collecting it from donors and distributing to those in need through agencies that serve the hungry, homeless and at-risk populations.
- The Crisis Center is our April Community Partner - The Crisis Center provides support for individuals facing emotional, food, or financial crisis. Services include a 24-hour crisis line, a food bank, emergency assistance with housing and utilities, and a variety of support groups, outreach services, and online resources.
- Inside Out Reentry is our March Community Partner - Inside Out Reentry Community is based in Iowa City and serves people returning to Johnson County after incarceration. They help ease the transition back into the community by providing assistance with employment, housing, life-skill training, social and support groups, and other resources.